There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerPhoenix Industrial Constructors Ltd.
Date PostedMarch 03, 2023
Location Nisku, AB
Earnings $45.26 to $50.03 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 02, 2023
Phoenix Industrial Constructors Ltd.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Machinery installation
- New construction
- Machine set-up
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Construct foundations for machinery
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation)
- Installing machinery and equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal Endorsement
- Hoisting and Rigging Training
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Equipment and machinery experience
- Electrical and electronic controls
- Fans and blowers
- Gas plant and shop compressors
- Heat exchangers
- Industrial and stationary engine
- Pneumatic system
- Power tools
- Pumps and compressors
- Tool grinders
- Hand tools
Area of specialization
- Start-up and testing
- Rigging and handling
- Centering and setting to elevation
- Bearing, seals and packing
- Vibration analysis
- Laser levelling/aligning
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
5 years or more
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and assembling machinery and equipment before installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
Interest in analyzing information to inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions, to adjust machinery and to repair and replace defective parts; and in installing, trouble-shooting and maintaining power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
Interest in speaking with other workers to direct them in constructing foundations for machinery; and in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.