Motor Vehicle Body Repairer
Employer1193929 Alberta Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 22, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 22, 2022
1193929 Alberta Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Professionalism in customer service
- Clean and maintain work space
- Instruct apprentices
- Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces
- Repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs
- Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling
- Mix paint, blend and match colors
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
Area of work experience
- Body components
- Doors and frame
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to fill holes, dents and seams using soldering equipment and plastic filler, and to apply primers and repaint surfaces using brushes and spray guns
Interest in compiling information from review of damage reports to determine estimates of repair costs; and in planning work to be performed
Interest in repairing damaged components and straightening bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.