MT (Massage Therapist)
EmployerActive Healing Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 14, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 14, 2022
Active Healing Ltd.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Consult with other health care professionals when developing treatment plans for clients
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in analyzing information obtained from tests and health care professionals to develop treatment plans; in providing courses of treatment for medical conditions, injuries and for maintenance of wellness; and in maintaining records of patients' treatments
Interest in assisting patients by providing treatment, prescribing remedial exercises and discussing follow-up care; may work with other health care professionals when appropriate
Interest in operating equipment to administer treatments; in conducting range of motion and muscle testing; and in providing massage therapy to treat medical conditions and injuries
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.