Date PostedJanuary 05, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 27, 2023
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Employer's home
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Help children with homework
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Medical exam
Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Paramedical services coverage
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.