Night Auditor - Hotel
EmployerBAYMONT INN & SUITES AND CONFERENCE CENTRE
Date PostedApril 26, 2022
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $15.50 to $16.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 16 to 24 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 26, 2022
BAYMONT INN & SUITES AND CONFERENCE CENTRE
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Guest Services Attendant (Bellhop) Specific Skills
Provide information regarding features of rooms, service of hotel and points of interest
Customer Sales and Service Agent Specific Skills
Work with minimal supervision
7 months to less than 1 year
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software
- Multi-line switchboard
- Database software
- Central reservation system (CRS)
- Hospitality industry
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Handle wake-up calls
- Provide customer service
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Maintain log books that detail all repairs and checks performed
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
Security and Safety
- Credit check
- Criminal record check
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
Administrative and Coordination Skills
- Perform safety and security checks
- Co-ordinate and monitor conference and meeting activities and attend to related details
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
4311 49 STREET
RED DEER, Alberta T4N5Y7
Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
May 26, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to provide information and respond to guests' complaints
Interest in compiling information for preparing and checking daily record sheets, guests' accounts, receipts and vouchers
Interest in operating computerized and manual systems to collect and verify guests' accounts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.