Posted on Jan 05, 2021 by White Buffalo Mechanical Ltd.
Location Fort McMurray, AB
Earnings $45.00 to $50.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 80.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 04, 2021
White Buffalo Mechanical Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Air conditioning system
- Fuel injection system
- Engine control system
- Lubrication system
- Cooling system
- Exhaust system
5 years or more
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
- Cable-operated working attachments
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Mechanical transmissions
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 04, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.