Posted on Oct 09, 2020 by Optometrists' Clinic Inc.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 14 to 32 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 23, 2020
Optometrists' Clinic Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Assist clients in selecting eyeglasses
- Adjust finished eyeglasses to fit client
- Obtain specifications for eyeglasses or contact lenses and fit clients with prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
How to Apply
Oct 23, 2020
Interest in operating optical measuring devices to measure clients' eye curvatures, pupillary distances and bridge widths; and in using equipment to cut and edge lenses, fit lenses into frames, and grind and polish lenses
Interest in compiling prescriptive information to produce eyeglasses or arrange for the production of eyeglasses, to arrange for grinding and polishing of lenses, and to adjust finished eyeglasses to fit clients; may supervise or manage the activities of students and other opticians
Interest in speaking to clients to advise them on the correct use and care of contact lenses
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.