Packaging Machine Operator - Food Processing
EmployerGFR Ingredients Inc.
Date PostedJune 07, 2022
Location Barrhead, AB
Earnings $17.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 36 to 48 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 07, 2022
GFR Ingredients Inc.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Single function machine
- Multi-functional process control machinery
1 to less than 7 months
- Perform corrective machine adjustments
- Inform supervisor of mechanical malfunctions or product irregularities
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Record production information
Food processing plant
Type of Operation
Type of Industry Experience
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines
- Operate machines that blend, flavour, condition, dry, flatten, strip or cut raw tobacco leaves
- Operate machinery to process and bag, box or otherwise package food products
- Observe gauges, computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions
- Make adjustments to process variables
- Maintain shift log of production and other data
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
- Long-term care insurance
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Parking available
- Travel insurance
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
Interest in operating processing and packaging machines and equipment
Interest in comparing information to make sure products conform to company standards; and in recording production data such as quantities, weights, sizes, dates and types of packaged products
Interest in setting up and adjusting processing and packaging machines
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.