EmployerMOON PAINTING AND ART DECORATION LTD
Date PostedJanuary 14, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 13, 2022
MOON PAINTING AND ART DECORATION LTD
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- Construction Trades, General
- Painting/Painter and Wall Coverer
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Roller painting
- Patterned rollers
- Electrostatic applications equipment
- Conventional spray painting
- Brush painting
- Airless spray equipment
- Multi-ratio pump spraying
1 year to less than 2 years
Estimate costs and materials
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Wood Finishing Specializations
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Repair cracks and holes
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
Surface Preparation Experience
- Steam cleaning
- Drywall taping/patching
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Various locations
- Surface gilding
- Sign painting
- Powdered coatings
- Paint spraying
- Novelty and decorative effects
- Multi-color finishes
- Metallized coatings
- Fire retardants
- Aggregate painting
Wall Covering Specialization
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 13, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture; in preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; in removing old wallpaper and loose paint; in repairing cracks and holes in walls; and in sandpapering and applying sealers
Interest in operating spray equipment and other associated equipment; and in using brushes and rollers to apply paint and other materials
Interest in speaking to customers to provide advice on colour schemes and wall coverings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.