EmployerFlames Art Paint Inc
Date PostedJune 22, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 22, 2022
Flames Art Paint Inc
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Panjabi; Punjabi
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Roller painting
- Brush painting
2 years to less than 3 years
Industrial, commercial and institutional
Estimate costs and materials
Area of Specialization
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Repair cracks and holes
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
Surface Preparation Experience
- Drywall taping/patching
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Paint spraying
- Multi-color finishes
- Fire retardants
Wall Covering Specialization
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture; in preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; in removing old wallpaper and loose paint; in repairing cracks and holes in walls; and in sandpapering and applying sealers
Interest in operating spray equipment and other associated equipment; and in using brushes and rollers to apply paint and other materials
Interest in speaking to customers to provide advice on colour schemes and wall coverings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.