EmployerSpruce Meadows Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 19, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 18, 2023
Spruce Meadows Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- In shop
- Sport venue
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Estimate costs and materials
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
Equipment and machinery experience
- Brush painting
- Conventional spray painting
- Patterned rollers
- Roller painting
Area of work experience
Sports and entertainment facilities
Surface preparation experience
- Drywall taping/patching
Paint and graffiti removal
Area of specialization
- Aggregate painting
- Sign painting
- Novelty and decorative effects
- Graphics painting
- Surface gilding
- Multi-color finishes
- Paint spraying
Wood finishing specialization
Wall covering specialization
Security and safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 to less than 7 months
- Free parking available
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture; in preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; in removing old wallpaper and loose paint; in repairing cracks and holes in walls; and in sandpapering and applying sealers
Interest in operating spray equipment and other associated equipment; and in using brushes and rollers to apply paint and other materials
Interest in speaking to customers to provide advice on colour schemes and wall coverings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.