Painter, Residential Construction
Employer1389171 ALBERTA LTD
Date PostedApril 28, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $27.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 08, 2022
1389171 ALBERTA LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Thermal spray equipment
- Roller painting
- Conventional spray painting
- Brush painting
2 years to less than 3 years
Wood Finishing Specializations
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Repair cracks and holes
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Paint spraying
- Multi-color finishes
- Graphics painting
Wall Covering Specialization
- Team player
- Client focus
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current field of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 08, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture; in preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; in removing old wallpaper and loose paint; in repairing cracks and holes in walls; and in sandpapering and applying sealers
Interest in operating spray equipment and other associated equipment; and in using brushes and rollers to apply paint and other materials
Interest in speaking to customers to provide advice on colour schemes and wall coverings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.