Painter, Residential Construction
EmployerVleeming Custom Homes
Date PostedSeptember 08, 2022
Location Lacombe, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 08, 2022
Vleeming Custom Homes
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- In shop
- On-site customer service
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
Equipment and machinery experience
- Brush painting
- Roller painting
Surface preparation experience
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Experience an asset
On the road job
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
Interest in copying information to mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture; in preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; in removing old wallpaper and loose paint; in repairing cracks and holes in walls; and in sandpapering and applying sealers
Interest in operating spray equipment and other associated equipment; and in using brushes and rollers to apply paint and other materials
Interest in speaking to customers to provide advice on colour schemes and wall coverings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.