Painter, Residential Construction
EmployerLaebon Rental Communities
Date PostedSeptember 15, 2022
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 29, 2022
Laebon Rental Communities
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Various locations
- On-site customer service
- Apartment building
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Repair or replace interior components
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
First Aid Certificate
Equipment and machinery experience
- Brush painting
- Electrostatic applications equipment
- Patterned rollers
- Roller painting
Testing equipment experience
- Moisture gauges
Surface preparation experience
Area of specialization
- Multi-color finishes
- Paint spraying
Wood finishing specialization
Wall covering specialization
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Physically demanding
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture; in preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; in removing old wallpaper and loose paint; in repairing cracks and holes in walls; and in sandpapering and applying sealers
Interest in operating spray equipment and other associated equipment; and in using brushes and rollers to apply paint and other materials
Interest in speaking to customers to provide advice on colour schemes and wall coverings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.