Patient Care Assistant
Employer2282042 Alberta Inc.
Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $22.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 04, 2023
2282042 Alberta Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Answer call signals
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting hospital staff by carrying messages, reports, requisitions and specimens from one department to another; in providing comfort to patients by answering call signals, making beds and maintaining patients' rooms; in assisting patients with menu selection; and in setting-up and providing leisure activities for patients, and accompanying patients on outside recreational activities
Interest in copying routine procedures to provide basic patient care, supervise patients' exercise routines, transport patients in wheelchairs and stretchers, and supply and empty bed pans; in maintaining inventory of supplies; in reporting or recording fluid intake or output; and in observing or monitoring patients' status and document patient care on charts
Interest in operating medical equipment to take blood pressure, temperature and pulse; in collecting specimens such as urine, faeces and sputum; in administering suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas; and in performing other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff; may perform maintenance tasks such as assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, clean or sterilize equipment, maintain and repair equipment and assemble, set-up and operate equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.