Personal Aide - Home Support
EmployerLaverne M Bissky
Date PostedJune 06, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 06, 2022
Laverne M Bissky
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience with Special Needs Children
Assistance with mobility
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Collect specimens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Persons with physical disabilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
Work Site Environment
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
Work in employer's/client's home
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you currently a student?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is your current field of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Full time enrollment
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.