Personal Care Aide - Home Care
Date PostedJuly 20, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $21.00 hourly
Work Hours 38 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 19, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
Work in employer's/client's home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Collect specimens
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Community disability studies Certificate
- Developmental services worker¿(DSW)¿Training
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Young adults
Security and Safety
- Adult Abuse Registry
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis test
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is available
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Repetitive tasks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
7 months to less than 1 year
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.