Personal Care Attendant - Home Care
EmployerChie - Private Home Care
Date PostedJanuary 12, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 38 to 48 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 11, 2022
Chie - Private Home Care
- Bachelor's degree
- or equivalent experience
Experience with Special Needs Children
Assistance with mobility
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
Security and Safety
- Immunization records
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
Work Site Environment
- Willing to travel
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
Work in employer's/client's home
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you currently a student?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 11, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.