Personal Care Provider - Home Care
Date PostedJuly 13, 2022
Location Rocky Mountain House, AB
Earnings $18.81 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 07, 2022
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Room and board provided
- Rural area
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff accommodation provided
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Care for pets
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Collect specimens
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Mend clothing and linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Persons with a disability
- Persons with mental health disabilities
- Persons with physical disabilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Reference required
Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive tasks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- Free parking available
- On-site housing options
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.