There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Personal Care Provider - Home Care
EmployerYun and Mui
Date PostedMarch 08, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.85 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 07, 2023
Yun and Mui
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Mend clothing and linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Persons with a disability
Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.