Personal Support Worker - Home Support
Date PostedJuly 28, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 27, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Room and board provided
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.