Personal Support Worker - Home Support
EmployerUrban Manor Housing Society
Date PostedAugust 03, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 24, 2022
Urban Manor Housing Society
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Administer medications
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Persons with a disability
- Persons with an intellectual disability
- Persons with mental health disabilities
- Persons with physical disabilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
Between 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.