There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Personal Support Worker - Home Support
Date PostedMay 18, 2023
Location Cochrane, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 45 hours per month
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 24, 2023
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Staff accommodation available
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Care for pets
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Mend clothing and linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.