Pest Control Technician
EmployerPoulin's Pest Control
Date PostedJanuary 09, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $42,000.00 to $65,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 04, 2023
Poulin's Pest Control
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Urban area
- Rural area
- On-site customer service
- Various locations
- Inspect buildings and outside areas to detect signs of infestation
- Provide estimate of costs
- Determine type of treatment required
- Prepare and spray chemical mixture on infested areas
- Place and set traps to capture and remove animals
- Install animal control barriers to keep animals off property
- Clean out areas that harbour pests
- Advise clients on how to prevent pest infestation
Equipment and machinery experience
- Animal traps
- Electrical sprayers
- Mechanical sprayer
- Netting devices
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Gasoline paid
- Piece work
Long term benefits
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Other benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
- Transportation provided by employer
- Parking available
- Travel insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating mechanical and electric sprayers; and in preparing and spraying chemical mixtures on infested areas
Interest in comparing information to determine type of treatment required; and in cleaning out areas using rakes, shovels, brooms and mops
Interest in speaking with customers to provide cost estimates and to advise on how to prevent pest infestation
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.