Pick And Place Machine Operator - Electronic Equipment Manufacturing
EmployerMicrohard Systems Inc.
Date PostedJanuary 13, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $23.00 to $24.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 12, 2023
Microhard Systems Inc.
- Solder and manually assemble various electronic components on PCB (printed circuit boards)
- Assemble microcircuits requiring fine hand assembly, the use of microscopes and adherence to cleanroom procedures
- Install, mount, fasten, align and adjust parts, components, wiring and harnesses to subassemblies and assemblies
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic machines to position, solder and clean prescribed components on PCB (printed circuit boards)
- Operate and monitor process equipment to fabricate electronic components
- Inspect electronic components and assemblies to ensure adherence to specified requirements
- Check final assembly for finish, labelling and packaging methods
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform go-no-go electrical tests
- Clean work area
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies
- Perform simple electrical and continuity testing of electronic components, parts and systems
- Set up and operate automatic testing equipment to locate circuit and wiring faults, shorts and component defects
- Conduct life tests (burn-ins) on components, subassemblies and assemblies
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Set up process equipment and adhere to cleanroom procedures
Type of product
- Electronic components
- Printed Circuit Boards (PCB)
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Word
Equipment and machinery experience
- Automatic or semi-automatic equipment
- Automatic testing equipment
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Robotic equipment and systems
- Soldering equipment
Inspection or testing specialization
- Finished products
Area of specialization
- Surface-Mount Technology (SMT)
Knowledge of preventive maintenance of machinery and equipment
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to assemble microcircuits requiring fine hand assembly, and to use microscopes and adhere to clean-room procedures; and to operate automatic and semi-automatic machines to position, solder and clean components on printed circuit boards
Interest in copying information to solder and assemble manually, various electronic components such as resistors, diodes, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, switches, wires and other electronic parts onto printed circuit boards; may repair and overhaul older devices
Interest in verifying dimensions and alignment of parts; may replace defective components
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.