Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Big Country Plasterting Ltd.
Location Cochrane, AB
Earnings $27.28 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 11, 2021
Big Country Plasterting Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
5 years or more
Area of Work Experience
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Apply primers and repaint surfaces
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Team player
- Client focus
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
Lather Specific Skills
Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Cochrane, Alberta T4C1B3
May 11, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.