Platework Fabricator And Fitter
EmployerKMV Welding LTD
Date PostedJune 14, 2022
Location Fox Creek, AB
Earnings $32.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 14, 2022
KMV Welding LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Cutting torches
2 years to less than 3 years
Area of Specialization
- Structural metal or steel
- Flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Weld or bolt sections together
- Lay out reference points and patterns
- Construct patterns and templates
- Assemble and fit plates and sections to form structures
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently
- Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite
- Install fabricated components in final product
Security and Safety
- Drug test
- Basic security clearance
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- In shop
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Interest in setting up and operating heavy-duty metalworking machines such as brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill and otherwise form heavy metal components
Interest in forming heavy metal components using heavy-duty metalworking machines, in assembling components to form subunits and complete units, and in installing fabricated components in final products
Interest in compiling information to determine materials required, and to construct patterns and templates as guides for layouts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.