Plumber, Residential Construction
EmployerDiversified Mechanical Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.50 to $39.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 10, 2022
Diversified Mechanical Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 5th Period Apprentice
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Plumber Trade Certification
- Supervise other workers
- Instruct apprentices
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 10, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.