EmployerGILL PLUMBING & HEATIING LTD
Date PostedJune 03, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $34.50 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 27, 2022
GILL PLUMBING & HEATIING LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Plumber Red Seal Certificate
- Plumber Trade Certification
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise other workers
- Schedule personnel, tools and equipment
- Instruct apprentices
Area of Specialization
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.