EmployerMr. Mike's Plumbing Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 10, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $34.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 09, 2023
Mr. Mike's Plumbing Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Various locations
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Estimate costs and materials
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Plumber Trade Certification
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Work under pressure
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
5 years or more
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Gasoline paid
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.