There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerTwoway Mechanical Ltd
Date PostedMarch 08, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $34.00 hourly
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 07, 2023
Twoway Mechanical Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
- Various locations
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Schedule personnel, tools and equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Supervise other workers
- Estimate costs and materials
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- 1 to 2 people
- 3-4 people
- 5-10 people
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Work under pressure
Steel-toed safety boots
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.