EmployerStar Mechanical Edm Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 24, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $38.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 37.5 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 23, 2023
Star Mechanical Edm Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Level one apprenticeship training
- Level two apprenticeship training
- Level three apprenticeship training
- Level four apprenticeship training
- Level five apprenticeship training
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Work under pressure
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
1 to less than 7 months
On the road job
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Mileage paid
- Piece work
Long term benefits
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Parking available
- Travel insurance
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.