Power Engineer, Fourth Class
EmployerConcorde Baggage Services Inc
Date PostedJune 20, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.30 hourly
Work Hours 60 to 108 hours bi-weekly
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 04, 2022
Concorde Baggage Services Inc
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Stationary Engineer 4th Class
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Water and waste treatment utilities
- Pneumatic controlled switchboards
- Low pressure boilers
- Heat exchangers
- High pressure boilers
- Electronic controls
- Computerized switchboards
- Central monitoring system
- Cooling tower
- Stationary engines
- Distributed control system (DCS)
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
3 years to less than 5 years
- Read electrical schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams
- Complete and maintain station records, logs and reports
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities of trade contractors
Area of Specialization
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Write plant or building operation reports
- Start up and shut down power plant equipment
- Regulate water levels
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- Operate automated or computerized control systems
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment and systems to detect equipment malfunctioning and to ensure plant systems are operating normally
- Maintain daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities
- Issue work and test permits to electrical and mechanical maintenance personnel
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures
- Assist during routine systems testing
- Assist in locating and isolating system problems
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunction
- Troubleshoot, perform corrective action or minor repairs
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in controlling and operating automated and computerized control systems, stationary engines and auxiliary equipment
Interest in analyzing information from instrument readings to detect leaks and other equipment malfunctions; may assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures
Interest in recording instrument readings, in monitoring and inspecting computer terminals, plant equipment, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, in ensuring plant equipment is operating at maximum efficiency and in maintaining a daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.