EmployerAlpek Machine Works Inc
Date PostedJanuary 10, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $32.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jan 31, 2022
Alpek Machine Works Inc
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Surface grinders
- Milling machines
- Engine lathes
- Boring machines
- Automatic lathes
- Gear cutting machine
- Sawing machine
5 years or more
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Repair machine tools and parts
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you currently a student?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 31, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.