Posted on Apr 26, 2021 by National Silicates
Location Whitecourt, AB
Earnings $75,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 10, 2021
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Write production logs
- Participate in safety audits and programs
- Adjust equipment, valves, pumps and controls and process equipment
- Shut down, isolate and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance
- Sample products, perform tests and record data
- Rotate between different processing units during shift cycles
- Provide emergency response when required
- Operate electronic or computerized control panel from a central control room
- Monitor outside process equipment
- Monitor and optimize physical and chemical process for several processing units
- Develop operator procedures for normal operation, start-up or shut-down
- Control process start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting
- Carry out statistical process control on process operations
- Ensure adherence to safety regulations
Security and Safety
- Medical exam
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 10, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in controlling process start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting; and in operating electronic or computerized control panels from a central control room; and in shutting down, isolating and preparing process units or production equipment for maintenance
Interest in analyzing information to develop operator procedures for normal operations, start-up and shut-down of units; and in participating in safety audits and programs, and in providing emergency response when required
Interest in speaking with team members and trainees to authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders; in ensuring adherence to safety and environmental regulations; may work in a team with shared supervisory responsibilities and participate in training other workers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.