Project Mechanical Engineer
EmployerSelect People Solutions
Date PostedSeptember 23, 2021
Location Lethbridge, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 23, 2021
Select People Solutions
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Automated and robotic system
5 years or more
Area of Specialization
- Robotics or controls
- Hydraulics and fluids
- Control system
- System integration
- Manufacturing or processing industry
Type of Service and Repair
Distributed control system (DCS)
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Supervise and inspect the installation of mechanical systems
- Design power plants, machines and equipment
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 23, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs, and to investigate mechanical failures and unexpected maintenance problems
Interest in precision working to design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment; and to analyze the dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites and in industrial facilities, in providing guidance to industrial maintenance crews, and in approving designs, calculations and cost estimates
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.