Refrigeration And Air Conditioning Mechanic
EmployerBuild for Queen
Date PostedDecember 28, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $38.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 26, 2022
Build for Queen
Other trades certificate or diploma
- Pneumatic devices
- On-board diagnostics
- Electronic and solid state
- Computerized monitoring
- Electrical devices
- Direct digital control system
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Coach and instruct apprentices
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Built up (split system)
- Air motioning and circulation
- Cooling tower
- Humidification and de-humidification system
- Rooftop (self-contained)
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Interpret gas codes
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Bay E-4710 17 AVE SE
Calgary, Alberta T2A0V1
Feb 26, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure and cut piping and to measure and lay out reference points for installation
Interest in recharging systems with refrigerant, checking and testing regulators and calibrating systems; and in performing routine maintenance and servicing
Interest in analyzing information to repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat-pump systems; and in installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.