Posted on Feb 22, 2021 by Central Refrigeration & Heating Ltd.
Location Wetaskiwin, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $42.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 08, 2021
Central Refrigeration & Heating Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Electronic and solid state
- Electrical devices
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Red Seal Certificate
- Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
Experience an asset
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Provide customer service
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Heat pump
- Built up (split system)
- Air motioning and circulation
- Humidification and de-humidification system
- Rooftop (self-contained)
Sheet metal workers
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Interpret gas codes
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 08, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure and cut piping and to measure and lay out reference points for installation
Interest in recharging systems with refrigerant, checking and testing regulators and calibrating systems; and in performing routine maintenance and servicing
Interest in analyzing information to repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat-pump systems; and in installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.