Registered Dental Assistant
EmployerWest Hill Dental
Date PostedAugust 26, 2021
Location Peace River, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 20, 2021
West Hill Dental
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Registration with provincial or territorial authorities
- Membership in the Canadian Dental Assistants Association
- Certification by the National Dental Assisting Examining Board
7 months to less than 1 year
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Order dental and office supplies
- Perform reception and clerical duties
- Perform intra-oral duties
- Prepare patients for dental examinations
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Record dental procedures performed on patients
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and restorations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 20, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to record dental procedures performed, order dental and office supplies, prepare dental instruments and filling materials, and to invoice patients; and in taking preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
Interest in assisting dentists in patient care and treatment; and in educating patients concerning oral hygiene
Interest in operating equipment to sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment; in taking and developing X-rays, polishing teeth and clinical crowns and applying fluoride and sealant, and to fabricating temporary crowns and restorations
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.