Posted on Jan 04, 2021 by Edson Family Chiropractic
Location Edson, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $50.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 17, 2021
Edson Family Chiropractic
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
Experience an asset
- Consult with other health care professionals when developing treatment plans for clients
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
edson, Alberta T7E1L4
Feb 17, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in analyzing information obtained from tests and health care professionals to develop treatment plans; in providing courses of treatment for medical conditions, injuries and for maintenance of wellness; and in maintaining records of patients' treatments
Interest in assisting patients by providing treatment, prescribing remedial exercises and discussing follow-up care; may work with other health care professionals when appropriate
Interest in operating equipment to administer treatments; in conducting range of motion and muscle testing; and in providing massage therapy to treat medical conditions and injuries
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.