Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
EmployerMassage Experts Calgary Royal Vista
Date PostedJune 28, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $32.00 to $43.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 20 to 30 hours per week
Position Temporary Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 24, 2021
Massage Experts Calgary Royal Vista
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
1 to less than 7 months
- Develop people resources and networks for health information and other wellness issues
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Aug 24, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in analyzing information obtained from tests and health care professionals to develop treatment plans; in providing courses of treatment for medical conditions, injuries and for maintenance of wellness; and in maintaining records of patients' treatments
Interest in assisting patients by providing treatment, prescribing remedial exercises and discussing follow-up care; may work with other health care professionals when appropriate
Interest in operating equipment to administer treatments; in conducting range of motion and muscle testing; and in providing massage therapy to treat medical conditions and injuries
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.