EmployerSharp Building Solutions
Date PostedApril 26, 2022
Location Devon, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $38.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 04, 2022
Sharp Building Solutions
No degree, certificate or diploma
Major Work Area
- Historical restoration
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Carpenter Red Seal Certificate
- Carpenter Trade Certification
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Working at heights training
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
5 years or more
- Survey building locations and levels
- Supervise other workers
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Estimate costs and materials
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Piece work
Team building opportunities
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Jun 04, 2022
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.