There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerSharp Building Solutions
Date PostedMarch 17, 2023
Location Devon, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $38.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 25, 2023
Sharp Building Solutions
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Historical restoration
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Survey building locations and levels
- Supervise other workers
- Estimate costs and materials
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Carpenter Trade Certification
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
- Working at heights training
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Carpenter Red Seal Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
5 years or more
- Piece work
Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.