Research Scientist, Chemistry
EmployerWhitefox Technologies Canada Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 21, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 21, 2022
Whitefox Technologies Canada Ltd.
Earned doctorate degree
- Act as technical consultant in a particular field of expertise
- Participate in the commercialization of new products
- Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in nanomedicine, nanoelectronics and other applications of chemistry
- Participate in interdisciplinary research and development projects
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- SAP (FI/CO / HR / MM / OT SD)
Industrial processes and products experience
- Industrial operations and maintenance
- Product development
Additional sector experience
- Fossil fuels
- Energy and utilities
Specialization in chemistry
Specialization or experience
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel internationally
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
5 years or more
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team building opportunities
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to conduct research to develop new chemical formulations and processes and to devise new technical applications of industrial chemicals and compounds; and to investigate chemical aspects of the mechanisms of drug action, the diagnosis and treatment of disease, organ function and the assessment of health
Interest in precision working with instruments to analyze, synthesize, purify, modify and characterize chemical and biochemical compounds
Interest in consulting in a particular field of technical expertise; and in developing and conducting programs of analysis to ensure quality control of raw materials, chemical intermediates and final products; may supervise other chemists and chemical technicians and technologists
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.