Posted on Dec 22, 2020 by Standard Insulation Ltd.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $29.85 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 19, 2021
Standard Insulation Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Select type of insulation required
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Fabricate and apply removable insulation pads and covers
- Brush waterproofing cement or other material over insulating materials
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
- Remove asbestos, ceramic fibres, lead and mould and urea-formaldehyde insulation materials from buildings
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
How to Apply
6205 167A Ave NW
Edmonton , Alberta T5Y0Z8
Feb 19, 2021
Interest in copying information to apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces, and to install vapour barriers
Interest in operating hand and power tools to measure and cut insulating materials to required dimensions
Interest in fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joints
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.