Restaurant Assistant Manager
EmployerCoco Brooks, Inc.
Date PostedApril 29, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $40,250.00 annually
Work Hours 80 to 90 hours bi-weekly
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 29, 2022
Coco Brooks, Inc.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Food Safety Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Electronic cash register
- Point of sale system
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation
- Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Provide customer service
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
- Working groups
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- 5-10 people
Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the operation of food and beverage service establishments, to implement and modify operational procedures, to assign staff duties and to oversee staff training
Interest in setting work schedules, monitoring staff performance, controlling inventory and ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed
Interest in negotiating arrangements with suppliers for food and other materials, and with clients for catering and use of facilities for banquets and receptions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.