Retail Meat Cutter
EmployerGARCHA BROS MEAT SHOP & POULTRY
Date PostedSeptember 07, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $19.45 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 27, 2022
GARCHA BROS MEAT SHOP & POULTRY
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Remove bones from meat
- Clean and prepare fish and shellfish
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Grind meats
- Slice cooked meats
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
- Keep record of work performed and location and condition of equipment
- Ensure safety procedures are followed
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.