There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Retail Sales Associate
Date PostedMay 26, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 25, 2023
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Mobile phone store
- Retail business
- Operate cash register
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Provide advice about merchandise
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
Type of product
Telephone or cellular phone
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Experience an asset
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to maintain sales records for inventory control; and in operating computerised inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
Interest in persuading to sell and rent merchandise to customers
Interest in handling to prepare merchandise for purchase, rental and leasing, and to assist in the display of merchandise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.