Posted on Jan 05, 2021 by Goodwill Industries
Location St. Albert, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 25 to 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 04, 2021
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Stock shelves and display areas
- Price items using stamp or stickers according to price list
- Move tools, equipment and other materials
- Keep stock clean and in order
- Order picking
- Perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
- Operate electric palette jack
- Provide customer service
- Record incoming stock
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Carry customer's purchases to parking lot and pack orders in customers' vehicles
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 04, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to check, count, weigh and sort items received by store; to use optical scanning equipment to record incoming stock, verify pricing and maintain a computerized stock inventory; to price merchandise according to price lists; to fill mail orders from warehouse stock; and to obtain articles for customers from shelves and stockrooms
Interest in serving - assisting by directing customers to the location of articles
Interest in handling merchandise to stock shelves and display areas, and to keep stock clean and in order; may sweep aisles, dust display racks and perform other general cleaning duties; may operate cash register and computer for electronic commerce transactions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.