Retail Store Supervisor
EmployerTALENT SCOUT GLOBAL HIRING
Date PostedJune 10, 2022
Location Westlock, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 10, 2022
TALENT SCOUT GLOBAL HIRING
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Order merchandise
- Establish work schedules
- Hire and train or arrange for training of staff
- Retail salespersons and sales clerks
- Sell merchandise
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Authorize return of merchandise
- Assign sales workers to duties
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Organize and maintain inventory
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in selling merchandise to customers and resolving problems such as customer complaints and supply shortages
Interest in co-ordinating information to maintain specified inventory, order merchandise and prepare work schedules
Interest in supervising by assigning duties to workers; and in authorizing payments by cheque and the return of merchandise, and in hiring and training or arranging for the training of new staff
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.